Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Introduction Wk 1 Day 2

4 mile run:
1 mile warm-up
10 x 50 meter hill sprints
1 mile cool-down
 
During my 1 mile warm-up I gradually increased my pace every quarter mile in preparation for the sprints. I brought it back down at the beginning of the 4th quarter mile before I hit the hill sprinting. I tried to gage my sprints to be challenging enough to push myself but not necessarily exhausting myself to the point that I cannot continue my workout. The key is to put your cardio to the test while maintaining your strength in completing your intended workout. If you find yourself exhausted to the point where you can no longer continue, adjust your pace down. After completing my sprint I began to conduct my 1mile cool-down. I used the same technique as my warm up but just doing the opposite I gradually decrease my pace to prevent stiffing up. Ensure your conducting a good warm-up and cool-down stretch. This plays an important part in increasing performance and decreasing soreness.

No comments:

Post a Comment